Atman yoga school is accredited by Yoga Alliance and consists of experienced instructors in teacher training courses and workshops. Our mission is to support our trainees in acquiring knowledge, skills and techniques for a lifelong practice in order to feel the yogic energy and evolution for life!
Atman Yoga aims to provide quality yoga teacher trainings in Bali, to people who aspire to pursue a successful career as yoga teachers or wish to refine and deepen their physical and spiritual practice.
The aim of the courses is first to enhance your personal development so that you can be an effective, unique and self-loving human being.
Secondly, it focuses on helping you to improve your skills so as to become a conscious mover who understands, observes, explain, accepts and adapts to the ever shifting experiences that life presents, generate and apply these vital concepts to yourself and anyone interested.
Thirdly, to offer you a life changing experience and awaken your mind, body and spirit so that you can develop a new outlook on life alongside with your teaching qualification. The main focus is to learn how to integrate the ancient principles and philosophies from various yoga traditions to the contemporary world and the western way of life. This will add to a unique mode of relaxation, personal fulfilment and comfort which enables someone to work harder, concentrate better, feel physically, emotionally and mentally balance and share that sense of well-being with their community.
c u r r i c u l u m
Asanas practice and analysis
You will get analytical training and guided practice on asanas and the Surya Namaskara. You will get the demonstration, instructions for correct physical and energetic alignment according to B.K.S Iyengar. Also, you will learn ways to build a sequencing on a yoga class taking into consideration the different styles of yoga.
Every morning we will be starting our day with the amazing techniques of Pranayama and meditation in order to increase the flow of Prana in our body and to gain the powers of meditation. Practice on the body purification techniques of Sat (six) Kriyas.
Mudras, bundhas, and dristi
Practice on effects of the prana on mudras, bundhas, and dristi on an holistic way.
You will learn and feel the powerful effects of chanting the mantras and you will penetrate more in the word of the sounds and vibrations of the Sanskrit language.
Analysis and discussion on those topics:
- Communication skills and the use of language and voice
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting, and correcting
- Qualities of a yoga teacher
- The student learning process
- Teaching style, the overlap between the lineage and teaching styles
- Business aspects of teaching yoga (including marketing and legal)
Foundational understanding of Western Anatomy and systems. Emphasis on skeletal and muscular system as well as on how to apply anatomy on yoga practice with modifications to keep students safe and aware.
Eastern Anatomy the five Koshas, Nadis and Chakras. The combination of Western and Eastern anatomy.
- You will elaborate on the five Kleshas, the eight Limps of Patanjali, and other key texts of the Sutras of Patanjali
- The importance of a sattvic lifestyle for the yogic evolution and benefits of Sadhana
- The idea of teaching as a service to the community and especially yoga teaching as a tool for an holistic evolution of the personality
- The principals of Ayurveda, the five elements, the three Dosas and the six tastes. Healthy nutrition and healthy eating tips and habits
On the final week of the training each student will be given the chance to offer classes as a teacher. In this stage you will learn how to receive and give feedback, and you will have the experience of assisting.